- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 18 to 24 carrots
- Print/save recipe
A feast for the eyes as well as the stomach, these gorgeous jewel-tone carrots are perfect for impressing guests during a Thanksgiving feast. Coated in a warming mixture of cardamom, cinnamon, and cayenne, the colorful veggies get deliciously tender with a slightly crispy skin as they roast to golden perfection in the oven. Leaving the tops on gives the carrots a farm-to-table look that’s both aesthetically pleasing and totally edible. Top the finished product with pomegranate seeds to add bursts of juicy flavor, and you’ve got a side dish that celebrates all the best flavors of fall.
Tip: Try to use carrots that are about the same thickness so they roast evenly. If you need to, cut the fattest carrots lengthwise.
For more carrot recipes, check out these tasty ideas:
- 3 lb. small to medium whole multicolor carrots, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Place carrots on prepared baking sheet. In a small bowl whisk together the next five ingredients (through cayenne pepper) and ¼ cup water. Lightly brush mixture over carrots.
- Roast carrots about 40 minutes or until browned and tender, brushing lemon juice mixture over carrots several times. Transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Season with black pepper.