Types Of Information We Collect.
The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect from you and how we use that information.
|Context||Types of Data||Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data|
|Account Registration||We collect your name and contact information when you create an account. We also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account.||We use this information to provide account-related functionalities to our users. Accounts can be used for easy checkout and to save your preferences and transaction history.|
|Client Information||We collect the name, and contact information, of our clients and their employees with whom we may interact||We use this information to contact our clients and communicate with them concerning normal business administration such as projects, services, and billing.|
|Cookies and Third Party Tracking||We may participate in behavior-based advertising. This means that a third party uses technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our Website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests on our Website, or on other websites.||We use this information to engage in behavior-based advertising and to capture website analytics.|
|Demographic Information||We may collect personal information, such as your age or location.||We use this information to understand our users and provide tailored services.|
|Email Interconnectivity||If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains, and make purchases.||We use this information to understand how you interact with our communications to you.|
|Feedback/Support||If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.||We use this information to address your feedback or issues.|
|Mailing List||When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we collect your email address or postal address.||We use this data to share information about our products or services.|
|Mobile Devices and Applications||We may collect information from your mobile device, including through certain applications on your mobile device, such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our Website, your location, or your order history and/or selected meals.||We use mobile device information to identify unique visitors, and in understanding how users interact with us on their mobile devices.|
|Order Placement||We collect your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, and credit card number when you place an order.||We use your information to perform our contract to provide you with products or services.|
|Partner Promotion||We may collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded promotion with another company.||We work with partners and may use your data in certain joint promotions.|
|Sweepstakes or contests||When you participate in a sweepstakes or contest we collect information about you which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected.||We use your data to conduct contests or sweepstakes. In some contexts we are also required by law to collect information about those who enter into our sweepstakes.|
|Website interactions||We use technology to monitor how you interact with our Website. This may include which links you click on or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser.||We use this information to understand how you interact with our Website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We may also use this data to detect fraud.|
|Web logs||We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.||We use this information to monitor our networks and the visitors to our Website . Among other things, it helps us understand which of our services is the most popular.|
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources (and sources that collect information on our behalf), including third parties, service providers (e.g., our e-commerce platform provider), business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources. For example, we receive data concerning sign-ins and contact information for individuals that enroll in cooking courses provided by Rouxbe (www.rouxbe.com). In addition, we may also provide information to service providers and other vendors (e.g., credit-card processors), including as set forth below in relation to California law.
Use And Processing Of Information.
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our Websites or our stores.
- To provide products and services or to process returns.
- To improve our services and product offerings.
- To streamline the checkout process.
- To conduct analytics.
- To respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- To send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to our products, services, sales, or promotions.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To respond to legal actions and/or law enforcement requests and otherwise comply with requests and legal obligations as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you complete an online purchase we may collect your information to perform our contract with you, and your information may also be collected by service providers (e.g., our third-party credit-card processors).
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Access To Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you. Note that California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing.
- Changes To Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Our Website may allow you to modify or delete your account profile. If our Website does not permit you to update or correct certain information, you may contact us at the address described below in order to request that your information be modified. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law.
- Deletion Of Your Personal Information. Typically we retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request information about how long we keep a specific type of information or request that we delete your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes.
- Objection to Certain Processing. You may object to our use or disclosure of your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law, upon request, we will grant your request.
- Online Tracking and Cookies. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions however, you can adjust your cookies settings..
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in emails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service-related communications.
- Promotional Text Messages. If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP.”
Note that, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. We may conduct an identity verification by phone call or email. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name, the last item you purchased from us, or the date of your last purchase from us. We may also ask you to provide a signed declaration confirming your identity.
In some circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf. We will require verification that you provided the authorized agent permission to make a request on your behalf. You must provide us with a copy of the signed permission you have given to the authorized agent to submit the request on your behalf and verify your own identity directly with us.
If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on behalf of an individual you must attach a copy of the following information to the request:
- A completed Authorized Agent Designation Form indicating that you have authorization to act on the consumer’s behalf.
- If you are a business, proof that you are registered with the Secretary of State to conduct business in California.
If we do not receive both pieces of information, the request will be denied.
How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Our Website may permit you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Transmission of Information to Other Countries. We may transmit your information between or among our affiliates. As a result your information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Nonetheless, where possible we take steps to treat personal information using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your information. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage, and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States. If you would like more information concerning our attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction, you can contact us using the contact information below.
- Children Under the Age of 13. Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (888-533-2063).
- Accessibility. If you are visually impaired, you may access this notice through your browser’s audio reader.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
9960 W. Cheyenne Ave #212
Las Vegas, NV 89129
Forks Over Knives
P.O. Box 10220
Jackson, WY 83002
9960 W. Cheyenne Ave #212
Las Vegas, NV 89129