- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 2 cups
- print/save recipe
Spiced, pan-roasted carrots kick up the flavor of this ultra-creamy spread. Serve it with crudités or as a spread on wraps and sandwiches. Looking for more easy hummus recipes? Try Curried Acorn Squash Hummus and Sonoran Desert Tepary Bean Hummus.
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- In a skillet bring the first four ingredients (through garlic) and ¼ cup water to simmering. Cook, covered, over medium-low 10 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Transfer carrot mixture to a blender or food processor. Add chickpeas and lime juice. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Add cilantro; cover and pulse until just combined.
- Chill, covered, until ready to serve.