- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes one 8-inch pie
- Print/save recipe
Grilling fresh pineapple takes it from delicious to divine, and this healthy pineapple pie showcases the tropical fruit in all its glory. The cinnamon-infused oat and walnut crust is baked to golden-brown perfection so you get a tender, flaky casing for the creamy filling and char-marked pineapple chunks. The hard part comes once everything is assembled: Letting the pie set in the fridge for four hours and resisting the urge to dig in! When it’s ready, this refreshing and healthy dessert will transport your taste buds to an island in the Caribbean. Feel free to serve each colorful slice with Aquafaba Whipped Cream or a side of Vanilla Nice Cream to really satisfy your sweet tooth.
Tip: When you’re shopping at the supermarket, look for fresh pineapple with a bright golden color and a sweet, fruity aroma at the stem end to get the most perfect pie possible.
For more pineapple recipes, check out these tasty ideas:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup date paste
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a food processor combine the first five ingredients (through salt). Pulse until crumbly. Add date paste. Pulse until evenly mixed and mixture binds together when pinched. Reserve ⅔ cup mixture.
- Pour the remaining oats mixture into an 8-inch pie plate. Pat mixture evenly over bottom and up sides of pie plate. (If mixture is too sticky to handle, wet your fingers.) Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Cut six ¼-inch-thick rings from pineapple; set aside. Roughly chop the remaining pineapple and place in a blender; cover and blend 30 seconds. Add reserved oats mixture and the vanilla. Cover and blend until creamy. Pour into cooled crust.
- Grill pineapple rings over medium 3 to 5 minutes per side or until well seared. When cool enough to handle, chop rings into 1-inch pieces. Arrange grilled pineapple over filling in crust. Chill at least 4 hours or until set.