- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 5 cups
- Print/save recipe
Inspired by his grandmother Florence, a big sherbet fan who served it often for dessert, Chef Del Sroufe created this healthy version of his favorite sherbet flavor, pineapple. The tangy fruit is balanced out by blending it with creamy banana, sweet maple syrup, and citrusy lemon zest. Each spoonful of this delicious treat tastes like frozen sunshine, and the bright flavors are enhanced further with a sprinkling of fresh mint. Feel free to drizzle extra maple syrup over the top of each serving if you want to indulge your sweet tooth a little more. Additional topping ideas include chopped basil, if you’re going for a more savory route, or slivered almonds, shredded unsweetened coconut, or pumpkin seeds!
For more fruity nice cream recipes, check out these tasty ideas:
- Grapefruit Nice Cream with Maple-Pecan Skillet Granola
- Strawberry Nice Cream Sundaes
- Grilled Peaches with Basil-Peach Nice Cream
- Or take a look at our full collection of nice cream recipes
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1½ cups chopped pineapple
- ½ cup well-chilled unsweetened, unflavored almond milk, plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (optional)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Chopped fresh mint (optional)
- Spread sliced bananas and chopped pineapple on separate baking sheets. Freeze 2 hours or until fruit is hard.
- In a food processor combine frozen bananas, almond milk, maple syrup (if using), and lemon zest. Puree until thick and creamy, adding more milk as needed to get a creamy consistency. Add the frozen pineapple; pulse until well incorporated. Serve immediately. If desired, drizzle with additional maple syrup and sprinkle with mint.