- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 tacos
- print/save recipe
Can’t decide whether you want a Mexican or Mediterranean meal? This tasty fusion recipe gives you the best of both worlds. Start building your tacos by slathering a round of whole wheat pita bread with hummus and piling it high with roasted potatoes and cauliflower. Bright red sumac adds tartness and color to the veggies while cumin and paprika deliver subtle smokiness to call in some Southwestern flair. Once the base is ready, it’s full-on topping time. Garnish everything with a drizzle of lemony tahini dressing, sliced japaleños, crunchy red cabbage, and aromatic cilantro to create an unbelievably delicious cross between a shawarma wrap and taco. Trust us—this recipe really hits the spot when you want to sink your teeth into a hearty, flavor-packed meal!
For more plant-based taco recipes, check out these tasty ideas:
- ½ cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons ground sumac
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups small cauliflower florets
- 12 oz. tiny new potatoes, halved
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup oil-free hummus
- 4 rounds whole wheat pita bread
- 3 cups shredded red and/or green cabbage
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 fresh jalapeño chile, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a 15x10-inch baking pan with foil. In a large bowl stir together the first five ingredients (through garlic powder). Add cauliflower and potatoes; toss to coat. Spread cauliflower mixture in prepared pan. Roast 20 to 25 minutes or until cauliflower and potatoes are tender and charred, stirring once.
- In a bowl stir together tahini, lemon juice, and enough water to reach drizzling consistency. Spread hummus on pitas. Add cauliflower mixture and cabbage. Top with tahini sauce, cilantro, jalapeño, and scallions. Serve with lemon wedges.