- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 sundaes
- print/save recipe
The perfect finale to a summer cookout, this memorable, melt-in-your-mouth dessert harnesses the power of fire and ice: Two of the peaches are grilled until candy sweet; the other two are frozen along with bananas and then blended into a refreshing nice cream. Leave the skin on the frozen peaches for extra fiber and a rosy hue. Note that nice cream has a soft-serve texture; if you prefer it firmer, freeze 1 to 2 hours in a freezer-safe container.
- 4 medium fresh peaches
- 2 medium bananas
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans
- Small basil leaves (optional)
- Thinly slice two of the peaches; peel bananas and cut into 1-inch chunks. Freeze 2 to 4 hours.
- Cut the remaining two peaches in half; remove pits. Grill peach halves cut sides down, uncovered, over medium-high 6 to 8 minutes or until tender and lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor combine frozen peaches and bananas with chopped basil. Cover and process until smooth and creamy, stopping processor a few times to scrape down sides. (This step can take about 5 minutes.) Taste and add 1 tablespoon maple syrup if needed for sweetness.
- For each sundae, place grilled peach halves cut sides up in bowls. Add scoops of nice cream. Sprinkle with pecans and, if desired, small basil leaves. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon maple syrup.