- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 sundaes
- print/save recipe
This vegan nice cream sundae is a delicious and decadent dish to finish off your day. The luscious strawberry nice cream base is paired with a warm strawberry-apple compote and crunchy toasted almonds. Naturally sweetened with good-for-you ingredients, this frosty treat is a healthy indulgence when you have a hankering for dessert. Feel free to switch up the toppings by adding some homemade Aquafaba Whipped Cream to really take this recipe to the next level of yum.
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 8 oz. fresh strawberries, hulled and halved (1½ cups)
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 2 teaspoon tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (optional)
- 3 bananas, peeled, frozen, and sliced
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup unsweetened, unflavored almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds on a baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.
- For compote, in a medium saucepan combine fresh strawberries, apple, tapioca starch, lemon juice, vanilla extract, maple syrup (if using), and ½ cup water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- For Strawberry-Banana Nice Cream, combine bananas, frozen strawberries, almond milk, and remaining teaspoon of vanilla extract in a high-speed blender or food processor. Cover and blend until creamy and thick. Serve immediately or transfer to a 1-quart container and store in the freezer up to 1 week.
- To serve, spoon Strawberry-Banana Nice Cream into serving glasses. Top with compote; sprinkle with toasted almonds. Serve immediately.