- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 3 cups
- print/save recipe
Rich-tasting and silky-smooth, this vegan gravy is delish served over mashed potatoes, stuffing, and roasted squash. Five simple ingredients come together to make this essential Thanksgiving sauce that will wow the crowd at your next feast. You can make this gravy recipe up to 3 days in advance and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator; when you’re ready to serve, just gently whisk it in a pot on low heat.
For more vegan Thanksgiving essentials, check out these tasty ideas:
- 4 cups no-salt-added vegetable broth
- 1 package fresh poultry blend herbs (1 to 2 sprigs each of sage, rosemary, and thyme)
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce (optional)
- In a large saucepan combine broth, herb sprigs, and celery. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Strain broth through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Discard solids. Return broth to saucepan.
- Whisk in chickpea flour until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-low 3 to 5 minutes or until gravy thickens. Stir in soy sauce (if using).