- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 8 cups
- print/save recipe
Get your daily dose of antioxidants with a triple hit of fresh berries in this scrumptious quinoa salad. Baby kale creates a delicious base for the chewy grains, juicy fruit, and crunchy pepitas, and it all gets topped off with a drizzle of a simple maple syrup vinaigrette. If you struggle to create crave-worthy salads, this is the perfect recipe to start honing your salad superpowers. And while it’s hearty enough to enjoy on its own, it would also make the perfect side dish alongside a warm casserole or veggie soup.
- 1 cup dry tricolor quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 cups baby kale
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- In a medium saucepan combine quinoa and 2 cups water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until tender and liquid is absorbed. Place quinoa in a fine-mesh sieve; rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- In a large bowl whisk together the next five ingredients (through pepper). Add quinoa and chia seeds; toss to coat. Add kale; toss to combine. Top with berries and pumpkin seeds.