- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 cups potatoes + ¾ cup dip
- print/save recipe
Using a combination of potato types gives these lightly seasoned crisps a variety of flavors and textures. Enjoy them with semi-homemade roasted red pepper hummus. Discover more of our delicious vegan potato meals.
- 2 lb. small red, Yukon gold, purple, and/or sweet potatoes, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- ⅝ tsp. garlic powder, divided
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup purchased hummus
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers, rinsed and drained
- ⅛ tsp. smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Place potatoes in a single layer on prepared pans. Bake 5 minutes. In a small bowl stir together lemon juice, Italian seasoning, the ½ tsp. garlic powder, and 2 Tbsp. water. Brush over potatoes. Bake 15 to 20 minutes more or until potatoes are tender, brushing with additional lemon juice mixture if potatoes look dry.
- Remove pan from oven; remove parchment. Preheat broiler. Turn potatoes over. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly crisp around edges. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor combine the remaining ingredients. Cover and blend until smooth. Serve with potatoes for dipping.