- Prep-time: / Cook Time:
- Serves 4
Portobello mushrooms are probably my favorite vegan burger. They are easy to prepare and they take on the flavor of whatever marinade you choose. You could serve these on whole-grain buns for a cookout, but for a wholesome, easy meal at home, serve them on a bed of grains with a salad.
Find this recipe and more bbq ideas in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
By Del Sroufe,
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stemmed
- Combine the soy sauce, brown rice syrup, garlic, ginger, and pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
- Place the mushrooms stem side up on a baking dish. Pour the marinade over the mushrooms and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Prepare the grill.
- Pour the excess marinade off the mushrooms, reserving the liquid, and place the mushrooms on the grill. Grill each side for 4 minutes, brushing with the marinade every few minutes.
Variation: During the last few minutes of grilling, brush the mushrooms with barbecue sauce.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.