- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4½ cups
- print/save recipe
Pleasantly tart rhubarb melts into this creamy oatmeal for sweet, fruity results with a bit of tang. Feel free to garnish with any additional berries you have on hand.
- 2 cups unsweetened plant-based milk, such as almond, soy, cashew, or rice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (½-inch pieces)
- ⅓ cup chopped pitted dates
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1½ cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a medium saucepan bring plant milk to boiling. Stir in oats, rhubarb, and dates. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
- Top with strawberries and, if desired, serve with additional plant milk.