- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 bowls
- print/save recipe
Get a taste of southern France with these produce-packed vegan niçoise bowls. Rich artichoke hearts and chewy chickpeas replace tuna and eggs without skimping on the hearty, satisfying flavors of this classic dish. You can use any briny, tangy olive in place of the Kalamatas to give you that classic zing or add a sprinkling of capers if olives aren’t your thing. A luscious tahini dressing brings a creamy element to this bowl of goodness that comes together in a flash.
- 1 lb. fingerling potatoes
- 12 oz. thin green beans (haricots verts)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 12-oz. package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and quartered
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 cups butterhead lettuce leaves
- 1 15-oz. can no-salt-added chickpeas, rinsed and drained (1½ cups)
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ cup slivered red onion
- ¼ cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Place potatoes in a steamer basket in a large saucepan. Add water to saucepan to just below the basket. Bring to boiling. Steam, covered, 12 minutes or until tender. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl; let cool. Return steamer basket to saucepan. Place green beans in steamer basket. Steam, covered, 5 to 8 minutes or until crisp tender. Remove steamer basket from pan and let beans cool. Season beans and potatoes with salt and pepper. Set artichoke hearts in a colander set in the sink and pour hot water over them; drain well.
- For Tahini Sauce, stir together tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, cayenne pepper (if using). Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in ¼ cup water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to reach drizzling consistency.
- Place lettuce in bowls. Arrange potatoes, beans, artichoke hearts, chickpeas, tomatoes, and onion in bowls. Sprinkle with olives and thyme leaves. Drizzle with Tahini Sauce.