- Ready In:
- Makes 8 cups
Juicy and sweet, this springtime salad features a homemade strawberry dressing and comes together in just 20 minutes. Pro tip: Cook extra quinoa (either red or white) whenever you make it so you have it on hand to add heft to salads and stews. Cooked quinoa keeps 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator and up to 3 months in the freezer.
By Shelli McConnell,
- 1½ lb. small fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced (4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 6 cups baby greens and kale mix
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ½ of an avocado, peeled and sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For dressing, in a small food processor or blender combine 1 cup of the strawberries, the vinegar, and maple syrup. Process until smooth.
- In bowls arrange greens, quinoa, onion, and the remaining strawberries. Top with avocado slices. Serve with dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.