- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 8 cups
- print/save recipe
Juicy and sweet, this springtime salad features a homemade strawberry dressing and comes together in just 20 minutes. Pro tip: Cook extra quinoa (either red or white) whenever you make it so you have it on hand to add heft to salads and stews. Cooked quinoa keeps 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator and up to 3 months in the freezer.
- 1½ lb. small fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced (4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 6 cups baby greens and kale mix
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ½ of an avocado, peeled and sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For dressing, in a small food processor or blender combine 1 cup of the strawberries, the vinegar, and maple syrup. Process until smooth.
- In bowls arrange greens, quinoa, onion, and the remaining strawberries. Top with avocado slices. Serve with dressing. Season with salt and pepper.