- Ready In:
- Makes 5 cups
This vegan watermelon gazpacho gets its spicy kick from fresh jalapeños and chili powder, while diced cucumber and jicama add a cool bit of crunch. Best of all, the recipe comes together in just 15 minutes.
To pick a nice, juicy watermelon, look for the yellow “field spot” that indicates the fruit has been ripening on the ground. When the spot is a creamy yellow color, the fruit is ripe. A juicy watermelon will also feel heavy for its size.
Recipe from Healing the Vegan Way
By Mark Reinfeld,
- 6 cups chopped watermelon (1-inch cubes)
- ½ cup water or coconut water
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon seeded and diced jalapeño pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¾ cup seeded and diced cucumber
- ¾ cup peeled and diced jicama
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Place the watermelon, water or coconut water, lime juice, jalapeño pepper, chili powder, chipotle chili powder, and salt in a blender and blend well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well before serving.
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.