- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 cups
This creamy chilled soup is perfect for warm days when you don’t want to spend hours over the stove. A savory base of leeks, potatoes, and veggie broth is blended together and brightened up with a hearty splash of white wine vinegar. Garnish this refreshing vegan vichyssoise recipe with extra chopped mint and black pepper to create an elegant yet easy dish that’s ideal for the spring and summer months.
By Shelli McConnell,
- 2 leeks, halved lengthwise and sliced (1½ cups)
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup unsweetened, unflavored plant-based milk
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- In a large saucepan cook leeks over medium about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally and adding water, 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, as needed to prevent sticking.
- Add broth and potatoes. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Using an immersion blender, blend mixture until smooth. Stir in milk and vinegar; season with pepper. Transfer to an airtight container; chill at least 4 hours or overnight. If desired, thin soup with additional milk after chilling. Before serving, stir in mint.
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.