- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 2 cups
This is a light and fluffy cream with lots of vanilla flavor, and you’ll want to top everything with this whip. Cobblers, cakes, your cat—everything! If you don’t have a vanilla bean handy, then use 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract instead. But definitely seek out some vanilla beans—you don’t want to miss out on their pure vanilla flavor. This whip isn’t quite as firm as traditional nondairy whipped topping, but you should definitely be able to scoop it out.
- One 12-ounce package extra firm silken tofu, drained
- ½ cup cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- ½ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Pinch salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- Combine the tofu, cashews, maple syrup, lemon juice, and salt in a blender. Puree until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Slice the vanilla bean in half lengthwise with a sharp knife and scrape the seeds into the blender. Blend the mixture until very smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Chill for several hours in the refrigerator, or until firm.
Find this recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.