- Ready In:
- Makes 4 to 6 servings
Who would have guessed that cucumbers and seaweed could be such good friends? One grows up high on the vine, while the other is born on the mean streets of the ocean floor. This salad is refreshing: crunchy and light with a subtle, tangy punch. It makes the perfect side dish to complement heavier fare.
Recipe from Vegan 101.
- If you have a food processor, use the slicing blade attachment for the cucumbers and the shredding attachment for the carrots to make preparation go lightning fast.
- Replace the wakame with scallions if sea veggies aren’t your thing.
By Spork Foods,
IngredientsFor the dressing
- 3 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon evaporated cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup dried wakame seaweed
- 2 hothouse cucumbers, cut into ¼-inch-thick rounds
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- To prepare the dressing, whisk vinegar, lemon juice and zest, sugar, ginger, dried onion, sea salt, and 2 teaspoons sesame seeds together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- To prepare the salad, soak wakame in warm water for 3 to 5 minutes to rehydrate. Drain and chop, if desired. Place in large serving bowl. Add cucumbers and carrots.
- Add dressing to vegetables and toss. Serve right away, garnished with additional sesame seeds.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.