- Prep-time: / Cook Time:
- Serves 4-6
- ½ pound whole wheat or brown rice penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium vegetable stock or water
- 6 – 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 13.4-ounce box cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15.5-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- In a large pot, cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, sauté garlic in vegetable stock or water over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir in beans and tomatoes and simmer on low for about 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir in pasta and serve.
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
7 Keys to Success on a Healthy Vegan Diet
Getting started on a plant-based diet or looking to refresh your eating habits? Download our practical guide to long-term success.