- Prep-time: / Cook Time:
- Serves 4-6
- ½ pound whole wheat or brown rice penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium vegetable stock or water
- 6 – 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 13.4-ounce box cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15.5-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- In a large pot, cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, sauté garlic in vegetable stock or water over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir in beans and tomatoes and simmer on low for about 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir in pasta and serve.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.