- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Serves 3 to 4
This pasta dish has no bouillon, or any other meat, in it. It’s colorful, hearty, tasty, and a great way to get greens into your evening meal. It also makes for wonderful leftovers. At the firehouse we usually make a tub full and polish it off before going home the next day at noon.
From The Engine 2 Diet
By Rip Esselstyn,
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (remove seeds to reduce heat)
- 1 green or red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch fresh kale, rinsed and chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 large jar pasta sauce
- 16 ounces whole-grain spaghetti, cooked
- ½ cup raw cashews, finely ground
- Sauté the onion, garlic, and corn in a large skillet on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the jalapeno, bell pepper, and kale to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes and pasta sauce to the vegetables. Ladle the sauce over the pasta and top with the cashews.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.