- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Serves 3 to 4
- print/save recipe
This pasta dish has no bouillon, or any other meat, in it. It’s colorful, hearty, tasty, and a great way to get greens into your evening meal. It also makes for wonderful leftovers. At the firehouse we usually make a tub full and polish it off before going home the next day at noon.
From The Engine 2 Diet
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (remove seeds to reduce heat)
- 1 green or red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch fresh kale, rinsed and chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 large jar pasta sauce
- 16 ounces whole-grain spaghetti, cooked
- ½ cup raw cashews, finely ground
- Sauté the onion, garlic, and corn in a large skillet on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the jalapeno, bell pepper, and kale to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes and pasta sauce to the vegetables. Ladle the sauce over the pasta and top with the cashews.