Whenever I make these stuffed peppers my dinner guests rave about them! It’s such a great way to use up leftover brown rice and it makes such a beautiful addition to any meal. You can also freeze these by slicing the peppers in half and storing them in air tight containers for reheating later on.
Find this recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
By Veronica Grace,
- 6 large or 8 small bell peppers
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 small zucchini, peeled and diced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 5 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¾ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¾ cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon Herbamare or salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cut around stem of peppers like you would cut a jack-o-lantern top, retaining the top with stem. Remove seeds carefully and wash and dry thoroughly.
- Place peppers in an oven safe dish and arrange upright and put tops back on.
- Bake at 350º F for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large non stick pan, saute onions, zucchini and carrots in vegetable broth for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and tomato paste and coat thoroughly.
- Add parsley, dill, lemon juice, pepper and Herbamare (or salt) and stir to combine.
- When peppers are ready, take out of oven and fill with stuffing.
- Place tops back on peppers and bake for an extra 30-40 minutes until the peppers are soft.
- Serve with additional wedges of lemon and dill for garnish if desired.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.