- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 12 snacks
- print/save recipe
Oranges, grapes, and a quick homemade fig jam top whole grain crackers in this refreshingly fruity snack. Depending on the size of snacks you’d like, break the crackers in two or three pieces. You can mix colors of grapes and chop the orange sections, too. Serve as an appetizer or enjoy as a nourishing anytime snack.
- ⅔ cup finely chopped dried figs
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 6 whole grain crispbread crackers, such as Wasa brand, broken in half
- ¾ cup quartered red or green grapes
- 12 orange segments
- In a small saucepan bring figs, orange zest, and orange juice to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, 4 to 6 minutes or until figs soften and become jammy, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Spread fig mixture on crackers. Top with grapes and one orange segment per cracker.