- Ready In:
- Serves 4-6
- 1 pound pasta
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 pint tiny tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 pound eggplant, skin on, cut into cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and pour back into the pot.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grab two large Silicone or other non-stick baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, throw in red onion, carrots, tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, and salt. Mix everything together. Spread out on the baking sheets and then slip them into the oven.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then take them out, add the thyme, garlic, and lemon juice, stir, and throw them back in the oven until some of the veggies start looking a little browned around the edges, 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- Add the roasted veggies to the cooked pasta, pour in the balsamic, pepper flakes, a pinch of salt and black pepper, and stir. Taste and add more garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, and/or thyme. If you want to up the greens level, serve the hot pasta on a bed of arugula or spinach with a squeeze of lemon juice on them. Done and done.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
7 Keys to Success on a Healthy Vegan Diet
Getting started on a plant-based diet or looking to refresh your eating habits? Download our practical guide to long-term success.