It’s easy to fit in more fruits when they look, smell, and taste like this! All this dessert consists of is ripe watermelon, fresh basil, and a twist of lemon, yet this wholesome fruit sorbet offers a cool treat on a summer day, or a nice palate cleanser after a hearty meal.
Find this cool dessert recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
- 6 cups cubed fresh ripe watermelon
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place the watermelon, basil, and lemon juice in a blender. Process just until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow airtight freezer container. For best results, freeze for 3 to 4 hours until the texture is frozen yet scoopable. Use a metal ice cream scoop to portion into serving dishes.
- Freeze any leftovers. To serve again, thaw at room temperature for about 10 minutes before scooping.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.