- Prep-time: / Cook Time:
- Serves 4-6
My friend Jake was unable to obtain a standard life insurance policy because he was overweight, and at a high risk for a heart attack, diabetes and other health problems. He read my book Life in Balance Cookbook, lost over 100 pounds, and became a competitive triathlete! One of Jake’s favorite recipe is Tom’s “Fried” Rice, created by my husband Tom. Try it out for you yourself and see why it has contributed to Jake’s success.
By Meg Wolff,
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 2 stalks of celery diced
- 3-4 cups cooked Organic Brown Rice
- ¼ cup sprouted aduki beans (optional)
- ¼ cup of spring or filtered water
- 1 tablespoon tamari wheat-free soy sauce
- ⅛ cup chopped parsley or sliced green onions
- sea salt
- In a cast iron skillet over a medium to high flame, add half the water, carrot and onion.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Add sprouted aduki beans.
- Spoon leftover cooked rice evenly over vegetable and bean mixture to cover, and sprinkle with the soy sauce and water.
- Cover with a lid, turn flame to low and cook for 10 minutes.
- When done, gently stir the vegetables and beans on the bottom into the rice. Top with garnished parsley or green onions.
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.