- Ready In:
- Serves 4-6
Also known as mush, or gruel, this grain dish was once considered peasant food, but it has enjoyed a popular resurgence in today’s culinary world. It can be served soft and creamy, or allowed to set and be cut and used in any number of dishes.
Find this recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
By Del Sroufe,
- 1½ cups coarse cornmeal
- ¾ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Bring 5 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Whisk in the cornmeal, a little at a time.
- Cook, stirring often, until the mixture is thick and creamy, about 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and serve, or pour the polenta into a pan and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.