- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 1 cup
- print/save recipe
This frosting has a somewhat maple flavor to it. You can use it right after making it, or if you want to use a cake decorating tip (like in the top photo), put the frosting in the refrigerator for 30 minutes first.
Find this recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, soaked in ½ cup water for 15 to 30 minutes
- 6 medjool dates, pitted and diced, soaked in ½ cup water for 15 to 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Drain the soaked nuts and discard the water.
- Add all ingredients (the nuts, dates with their soak water, and vanilla) to a blender, and purée until smooth and even in color.
- Add a little more water as needed, to keep the blender moving if the mixture gets too thick.