- Ready In:
- Makes 1 cup
This frosting has a somewhat maple flavor to it. You can use it right after making it, or if you want to use a cake decorating tip (like in the top photo), put the frosting in the refrigerator for 30 minutes first.
Find this recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
By Cathy Fisher,
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, soaked in ½ cup water for 15 to 30 minutes
- 6 medjool dates, pitted and diced, soaked in ½ cup water for 15 to 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Drain the soaked nuts and discard the water.
- Add all ingredients (the nuts, dates with their soak water, and vanilla) to a blender, and purée until smooth and even in color.
- Add a little more water as needed, to keep the blender moving if the mixture gets too thick.
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.