- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 10 cups
Celebrate spring with this stunning strawberry-centric salad. Fresh strawberries and grilled pineapple supply succulent sweetness, while edamame and almonds add plenty of crunch. An easy strawberry-and-poppy-seed dressing ties it all together.
By Carla Christian,
- 3 cups strawberries hulled and halved, divided
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 4 ½-inch slices peeled and cored pineapple
- 1 6-oz. package fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh or frozen edamame, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- ¼ cup fresh chives, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- For the dressing, in a blender or food processor combine 1 cup of the strawberries, the vinegar, the sugar, and the mustard. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Stir in the poppy seeds
- Grill the pineapple, covered, over medium-high 6 to 8 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once; cool. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- In an extra-large bowl combine the remaining strawberries, the pineapple, the spinach, the edamame, and the chives. Drizzle with dressing; toss. Top with almonds.
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.