- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 12 stuffed pepper halves
- print/save recipe
Take your taste buds on a trip to the Greek islands with these stuffed mini peppers that make the most of Mediterranean flavors. Creamy cannellini beans are mashed with zesty lemon juice, aromatic oregano, and a pinch of salt to make a deliciously simple filling. Stuff each pepper half with the bean mixture, sprinkle with fresh parsley, and serve tapas-style at your next dinner party. To make this recipe your own, feel free to add other soft green herbs to the bean mixture or drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar. You can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
For more vegan Greek recipes, check out these tasty ideas:
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (1½ cups)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 miniature bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- In a medium bowl combine beans, lemon juice, lemon zest, and oregano. Mash mixture until nearly smooth. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Spoon bean mixture into bell pepper halves. Sprinkle with fresh parsley (if using) and additional lemon zest.