- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 6 cups chips + 9 cups toppings
Who says chips have to be fried? Thin jicama slices give you the same crunch you crave in a heaping plate of nachos, without any of the added fat. Their crisp, cool texture makes the perfect base for a mountain of chili-spiced beans, veggies, and jalapeños. A homemade Chipotle Queso sauce is drizzled over the toppings to create a gooey, cheesy pile of deliciousness that’s perfect for digging into at a party or while watching your favorite sports team on TV. Feel free to get creative with the toppings, as well: Crumbled tempeh or tofu, marinated in a spicy Southwestern sauce, would make for a great addition to these nosh-worthy nachos!
For more vegan nacho recipes, check out these tasty ideas:
- Tempeh Nacho Salad with Creamy Chipotle Dressing
- Loaded Lentil Nachos
- Vegan Nachos Verdes
- Hearty Nachos
By Ellen Boeke,
- 1 15-oz. can no-salt-added pinto beans, rinsed and drained (1½ cups)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 lb. jicama, peeled, quartered, and cut into ⅛-inch-thick slices (6 cups)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 15-oz. can no-salt-added chickpeas, undrained
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 cups shredded fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and chopped
- 4 to 5 tablespoons unsweetened, unflavored plant-based milk
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- 3 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1 jalapeño chile, thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan stir together beans, corn, and 1 teaspoon of the chili powder. Cook over medium until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle jicama slices with the remaining 1 teaspoon chili powder and the salt.
- For Chipotle Queso, in a blender or food processor combine chickpeas, nutritional yeast, and chipotle chiles in adobo sauce. Cover and blend. Gradually add plant-based milk until smooth and creamy. Pour into a small saucepan; heat through over medium.
- Spread jicama slices on a large serving platter. Top with bean mixture, spinach, tomatoes, and avocado. Drizzle with Chipotle Queso. Sprinkle with scallions, black olives, and jalapeño.
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.