- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 9⅓ cups curry + 4 cups rice
- print/save recipe
This hearty vegan red curry is spicy, savory, and ready to serve in just 30 minutes. Lemongrass, crushed red pepper, and fresh garlic add an extra infusion of flavor to the base of Thai red curry paste, while coconut milk works its plant-based magic to create a velvety sauce that will leave you licking the bowl. Little red potatoes and riced cauliflower absorb the aromatic curry until they’re plump and tender, but feel free to add in any other favorite veggies you have on hand. Serve over brown rice with a garnish of fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime to indulge in a dish that’s just as much a feast for the eyes as it is your mouth.
For more quick-and-easy curry recipes, check out these tasty ideas:
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups refrigerated unsweetened coconut milk (not canned)
- 1½ lb. coarsely chopped red potatoes (4 cups)
- 1 12-oz. package fresh or frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 6-oz. can no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemongrass (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- Sea salt, to taste
- 4 cups hot cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- In a large saucepan cook onion, bell pepper, and garlic over medium 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding water, 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, as needed to prevent sticking. Add curry paste; cook and stir 1 minute. Add the next seven ingredients (through crushed red pepper). Increase heat to high. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl stir together arrowroot powder and 2 tablespoons water. Add to saucepan; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt.
- Spoon curry mixture over brown rice and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.