- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 cups
Your freezer does most of the work for this scrumptious banana nice cream recipe so you can sit back, relax, and enjoy a sweet treat with minimal effort. While the creamy vanilla-infused base chills in the icebox, you can easily whip together the saucy peach compote so it’s ready for serving. Maple syrup adds extra sweetness while fresh mint leaves deliver a cooling herbal flavor to balance out the juicy fruit. The sweet-tart flavor of yellow peaches is ideal for the no-cook compote, but any ripe peaches (or nectarines) will work. Simply top each scoop of nice cream with the compote, and dig in!
For more vegan peach desserts, check out these tasty ideas:
- Peach-Cranberry Cobbler
- Grilled Peaches with Basil-Peach Nice Cream
- Mini Peach Tarts
- Peach Upside-Down Cake with Whole Grain Flour
- And check out our full collection of vegan peach recipes!
By Ellen Boeke,
- 6 bananas
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 medium ripe yellow peaches, unpeeled and diced (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 leaves fresh mint, finely chopped (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice bananas into 2-inch chunks and place on prepared baking sheet. Freeze at least 6 hours.
- In a food processor or high-power blender puree frozen bananas and vanilla just until smooth. Transfer to a freezer-safe container. Freeze at least 4 hours.
- For peach compote, in a small bowl mash ¾ cup of the peaches. Add the remaining diced peaches, the maple syrup, lemon juice, and mint (if using). Stir gently.
- To serve, divide nice cream evenly among bowls and top with peach compote.
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get delicious recipes, expert health advice, culinary tips and
special offers from Forks Over Knives and our curated partners.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.