- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 7½ cups
- print/save recipe
Cranberries add bursts of crimson color and tart flavor to this cobbler. Serve with Vanilla Bean Banana Ice Cream for a mouthwateringly decadent dessert.
- ⅓ cup pure cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Two 16-oz. pkg. frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed (or 6 cups sliced fresh peaches)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup pure cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1½ teaspoons regular or sodium-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup cashew butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large saucepan combine the ⅓ cup sugar, the cornstarch, and ¼ cup water. Add peaches. Cook and stir over medium until slightly thick and bubbly. Stir in cranberries. Transfer hot mixture to a 2-qt. baking dish.
- For topping, in a medium bowl stir together the next six ingredients (through cinnamon). In a small bowl whisk together milk, applesauce, and cashew butter. Add milk mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until combined. Spoon over peach mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden.