- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 cups
- Print/save recipe
This easy chilled noodle salad is the perfect light meal to devour on a hot day. If you like, you can substitute soba or brown rice noodles for the glass noodles to add a nutty flavor to the dish. Regardless of which noodles you choose, the crisp bite of the refreshing cucumber rounds will always be the star of the show. Tangy brown rice vinegar and crunchy sesame seeds complement the cool veggie slices, and a sprinkle of chopped parsley adds an aromatic finish. Pair this dish with a side of spring rolls or marinated silken tofu to create an epic summertime feast that will help you beat the heat.
For more creative cucumber recipes, check out these tasty ideas:
- 4 oz. dry glass noodles or mung bean noodles
- 2 English cucumbers, very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut noodles into 2-inch pieces and place in a medium bowl. Add hot water to cover and let stand 10 to 15 minutes or until tender; drain. Transfer noodles to a serving bowl.
- Add cucumbers, vinegar, sesame seeds, and parsley; mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.