- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 toasts
- print/save recipe
Devour these delicious veggie toasts with a knife and fork for a hearty meal that highlights an array of fresh produce. The key to a great loaded toast is to start with good bread: Be sure to find a fresh-baked whole grain loaf with a crispy crust that’s studded with seeds or nuts for an extra tasty crunch. Slice it into thick slabs, add a generous slather of oil-free hummus, and then pile on sautéed zucchini, corn, and tomatoes. Fresh dill adds an irresistible Mediterranean flavor that pairs perfectly with the creamy hummus. Add a final crack of black pepper on top, and dig in!
For more meal-worthy toast recipes, check out these tasty ideas:
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels (from about 4 ears)
- 2 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced (2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 8-oz. package oil-free hummus
- 4 large slices hearty whole grain bread, toasted
- In an extra-large nonstick skillet cook corn over medium-high until just beginning to char, stirring frequently and adding water, 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, as needed to prevent sticking. Stir in garlic. Remove from heat. Stir in tomatoes, zucchini, and vinegar. Stir in dill; season with pepper.
- Spread hummus over toast slices. Spoon vegetable mixture over each. If desired, garnish with additional fresh dill.