- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 6 crepes
- Print/save recipe
This famous Czech dessert is traditionally made with eggs, milk, and oil, but our vegan, oil-free version is packed full of delicious flavors that will satisfy your cravings without the unhealthy ingredients. The secret to pillow-soft vegan crepes? Sparkling water! This key addition makes the batter extra fluffy so each bite is light and delicate. The thin pancakes are filled with fresh fruit while they cook to create a gooey, sweet center that tastes even more decadent with a drizzle of maple syrup. Perfect for brunch or an after-dinner treat, these vegan crepes are a guaranteed hit for kids and adults alike.
For more healthy crepe and pancake recipes, check out these tasty ideas:
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- ½ cup sparkling water
- ¼ cup unsweetened, unflavored plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon date syrup or pure maple syrup, plus more for serving
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cup thinly sliced strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a blender combine the first six ingredients (through salt). Cover and blend until smooth.
- Heat a nonstick crepe pan over medium. Ladle ¼ cup batter in middle of the pan; use the back of the ladle to spread batter into a 6-inch crepe. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until crepe easily releases from pan (no need to flip it). While crepe is still in the pan, place a few strawberry slices and some blueberries on one side of crepe. Roll crepe over the fruit and continue rolling to the other side. Remove from pan. Repeat with remaining batter and fruit.
- Lightly drizzle crepes with additional syrup. Serve immediately.