- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 2 cups
- print/save recipe
If you're tossing your broccoli stalks in the compost pile, you’re seriously missing out. Their tender texture and earthy sweetness make them arguably better than the florets that you typically enjoy. In this scrumptious coleslaw broccoli stalks are shredded into matchsticks and combined with carrots, scallions, and fresh herbs to create a crunchy medley. The creamy mustard dressing adds the perfect amount of tang to balance out the veggies. Serve this easy dish alongside veggie burgers at your next BBQ!
Tip: For optimal deliciousness, remove the toughest outer layer of broccoli skin with a vegetable peeler and cut off the fibrous bottom ½-inch of each stalk.
- 1½ cups peeled and shredded broccoli stalks (from 1 head)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1½ teaspoons flaxseed meal
- 1½ teaspoons low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1½ teaspoons white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly groundblack pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl combine broccoli stalks, carrots, scallions, and parsley.
- In a blender combine the next five ingredients (through mustard) and ½ cup water. Cover and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the vegetables and toss to coat. Chill at least 30 minutes before serving.