- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 11 cups
This summer squash pasta salad is fresh, light, and flavorful—everything you want in a quick and easy meal that highlights seasonal produce. Here, we use broken up lasagna noodles, but feel free to use any whole grain pasta you have on hand. A winning combination of zucchini, yellow squash, and pattypan squash are grilled to char-marked perfection then tossed with licorice-scented fennel and sweet grapes to create an explosion of complementary textures and flavors. Butter beans add extra substance while Castelvetrano olives deliver bursts of briney goodness in each bite. The sweet and tangy flavors of orange juice and white balsamic vinegar meld together in a zesty dressing that ties everything together, leaving you licking your lips to ensure you don’t waste a drop of this super satisfying pasta salad.
For more vegan pasta salad recipes, check out these tasty ideas:
- Potato and Artichoke Heart Pasta Salad
- Veggie Potluck Pasta Salad
- Grilled Peach and Blueberry Pasta Salad
- Or take a look at our full collection of pasta salad recipes
By Ellen Boeke,
- ⅓ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz. dry whole wheat lasagna, broken, or assorted whole wheat pasta shapes
- 1 medium zucchini, halved
- 1 medium yellow squash, halved
- 4 to 6 baby pattypan squash, halved if large (6 oz.)
- 1 small fennel bulb, halved
- 1 15-oz. can no-salt-added butter beans, rinsed and drained (1½ cups)
- 1½ cups green and/or red seedless grapes, halved
- ⅓ cup Castelvetrano olives, quartered
- ¼ cup slivered fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh fennel fronds
- For White Balsamic Vinaigrette, in a small bowl whisk together white balsamic vinegar, orange juice, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, and garlic. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse under cold water; drain well. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Grill zucchini, yellow squash, pattypan squash, and fennel bulb, covered, over medium 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and browned in places, turning occasionally. Let squash cool slightly and coarsely chop. Core and thinly slice fennel bulb. Add to pasta.
- Add the next five ingredients (through fennel fronds) to pasta mixture. Drizzle with White Balsamic Vinaigrette. Toss to combine.
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get delicious recipes, expert health advice, culinary tips and
special offers from Forks Over Knives and our curated partners.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.