- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 14 cups
Grilled summer peaches and blueberries in a pasta salad? Yes, please! The caramelized sweetness of the peaches contrasts nicely with the peppery bite of arugula. To prevent the peaches from sticking to the grill rack, be sure to preheat the grill for at least 20 minutes.
By Carla Christian,
- 4 cups dried multigrain penne pasta
- 4 firm, ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 3 lemons
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 5-oz. package fresh baby arugula
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Chill until needed.
- Place four peach halves, cut sides down, on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium-high 8 minutes or until grill marks appear; cool. Cut remaining four peach halves into ½-inch pieces.
- For dressing, remove 1 tsp. zest and squeeze ½ cup juice from lemons. In a large bowl whisk together lemon zest and juice, mustard, and garlic. Remove half of the dressing; set aside. Add pasta, chopped peaches, arugula, and blueberries to bowl; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top servings with grilled peach halves and drizzle with maple syrup. Pass the reserved dressing.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.