- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 12 balls
These wholesome treats deliver a burst of bright Key lime pie flavor in bite-size packages. Hearty oats are toasted in the oven to mimic the mouthwatering crust of the full-size version and then mixed with sweet dates, juicy golden raisins, and creamy sunflower seed butter. Both Key lime zest and lime juice are stirred into the mix to pack a powerful citrus punch so each dessert ball satisfies your sweet tooth. Lightly dusted in powdered sugar, these handheld desserts are beautiful to display on a party platter when you host your next gathering. Don’t be surprised by how quickly they disappear!
Tip: To soak dates, place them in a bowl and add boiling water to cover. Let stand for 5 minutes and then drain.
For more quick vegan desserts, check out these tasty ideas:
- The Best Vegan Strawberries and Cream
- Pistachio-Orange Stuffed Dates
- Mexican Chocolate Energy Bites
- Cherry-Almond Nice Cream
By Ellen Boeke,
- 1 cup regular rolled oats
- ¾ cup chopped Medjool dates, soaked
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seed butter
- 1 teaspoon Key lime zest or Persian lime zest
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Key lime juice or Persian lime juice
- 2 tablespoons powdered or finely granulated pure cane sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread oats on a baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until lightly toasted. In a food processor pulse oats until coarsely chopped.
- Add the next six ingredients (through salt) and 2 tablespoons of the lime juice. Pulse until mixture holds together. Add up to 1 tablespoon more lime juice, if necessary.
- Spoon 12 portions of mixture (4 teaspoons each) onto waxed paper. Moisten hands with water and roll portions into balls. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve. Place powdered sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll balls in sugar before serving.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.