- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 6 desserts
- print/save recipe
Berries and cream is a classic summer flavor combo, and this dairy-free version makes it the perfect dessert for plant-based eaters. Juicy strawberries are paired with a tofu-based cream that’s enhanced with the bright flavors of lemon zest and cardamom. Perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth without having to turn on the oven, this quick no-cook treat tastes indulgent without any unhealthy ingredients. Make sure to layer the ingredients in clear glasses so your eyes can feast on the fabulous colors before you even take a bite!
- 1 16-oz. package strawberries, hulled
- 8 oz. firm silken tofu, drained
- ¾ cup pitted dates (preferably Deglet Noor)
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- For tofu cream, in a blender combine 1½ cups of the strawberries and the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Quarter the remaining strawberries. Layer tofu cream and strawberries in serving dishes. If desired, garnish with additional whole strawberries and lemon zest.