- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 6 quesadillas
These colorful vegan quesadillas are perfect for nights when you need to throw together a quick dinner. Grocery store staples are transformed into a mouthwatering feast and a smoky chipotle hummus adds creaminess to this queso-free finger food. Served with a fruity mango salsa that only requires two ingredients, this party on a plate is a comforting and quick meal that you’ll return to again and again.
Tip: If you can’t find a frozen Mexican or Southwest corn blend, use 2 cups of frozen roasted corn and ½ cup of chopped fresh red bell pepper.
By Nancy Macklin,
- 1 8-oz. container oil-free hummus (such as Oasis Zero Fat or Cedar’s Fat-Free)
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 12-oz. package frozen unseasoned Mexican or Southwest corn blend
- 1 15-oz. can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained (1½ cups)
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- ½ cup chopped fresh mango
- In a small bowl stir together hummus and chipotle chiles; mix well. In a large skillet cook frozen vegetables over medium 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally and adding water, 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, as needed to prevent sticking. Stir in black beans and scallions; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Spread hummus on six tortillas. Top with vegetable mixture and remaining tortillas, pressing lightly.
- Heat a nonstick griddle over medium. Cook quesadillas, in batches, 4 to 5 minutes or until browned, turning once. Keep warm on a baking sheet in a 200°F oven while cooking remaining quesadillas. Cut into wedges.
- Stir together salsa and mango. Serve with quesadillas.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.