Virtually nonfat, this tasty, oil-free hummus recipe is the healthy antidote to your hummus cravings. You can find a store-bought variation of this no-cook recipe in almost any grocery store, but 95 percent of them are made with added olive oil and tahini (sesame paste), which pushes up the fat content. Your best bet is to take three minutes to whip up a batch of homemade, oil-free hummus on Sunday that will last you through the week. Enjoy it with crudites, on toast, in wraps, bowls, and more.
By Rip Esselstyn,
- 2 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Bragg Liquid Aminos
- ¼ cup water or vegetable broth
- Blend all ingredients into a thick paste.
- You can also customize this recipe by adding one or more of the following: 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds; 1 fresh jalapeño, seeded and chopped; 1 roasted and chopped red bell pepper; 1 cup Kalamata olives; 1 bunch fresh mint; 1 cup fresh spinach; 1 cup cooked eggplant
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.