- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 cauliflower planks + 6 cups pepper salad
This hearty main dish salad is delicious served warm or at room temperature. Start by slicing tamari-marinated cauliflower into planks and oven-roasting them until the florets begin to brown and caramelize. While they cook, a scrumptious medley of bell peppers, onion, and cannellini beans are simmered in tangy red wine vinegar and sweet paprika to create a saucy base for the cauliflower planks. Top it all off with slices of creamy avocado for a summery dish packed full of fresh produce. Adding a few sprigs of parsley or cilantro really rounds out the flavors of this unforgettable knife-and-fork meal.
For more cauliflower recipes, check out these tasty ideas:
- Mediterranean Tacos with Spicy Roasted Cauliflower
- Vegan Shawarma with Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas
- Roasted Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Soup
- Or take a look at our full collection of vegan cauliflower recipes
By Ellen Boeke,
- 1 to 2 large heads cauliflower (about 3 lb. total)
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium tamari
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 bell peppers (red, yellow, and orange), cut into ½-inch strips
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into ½-inch strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 15-oz. cans no-salt-added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 medium avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Remove outer leaves from cauliflower. Carefully trim stem ends, leaving cores intact so florets are still attached. Place cauliflower heads, core sides down, on cutting board. Using a chef’s knife or large serrated knife, cut cauliflower vertically into four 1- to 1¼-inch thick “steaks” (reserve ends and loose pieces for another use).
- In a small bowl combine 1 teaspoon of the tamari and 1 tablespoon water. Brush mixture over steaks. Season with black pepper. Roast 25 to 30 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, turning once. Brush with the remaining 1 teaspoon tamari.
- Meanwhile, in an extra-large skillet combine bell peppers, onion, and ½ cup water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 8 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally with tongs. Uncover. Cook 5 minutes more or until liquid is gone and peppers are tender, stirring occasionally and adding garlic the last 2 minutes of cooking. Stir in the beans, vinegar, and paprika; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve bell pepper mixture topped with cauliflower and avocado. If you like, garnish with additional parsley.
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get delicious recipes, expert health advice, culinary tips and
special offers from Forks Over Knives and our curated partners.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.