- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 8 cups
- 2 onions, chopped (2 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup 1-inch pieces green beans
- 1 cup ½-inch-dice zucchini
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- ½ cup dry bulgur or quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet cook onions and garlic, covered, over medium-low 10 minutes. Add water, 1 to 2 Tbsp. at a time, as needed to prevent sticking.
- Add 6 cups water and the next five ingredients (through bulgur). Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes or until bulgur is cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook about 2 minutes more or until asparagus is just tender and bright green in color. Garnish with additional fresh basil.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.