- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 1¾ cups
- print/save recipe
Looking to reduce food waste? Don’t toss your carrot tops, especially if you get them at the farmers market! Carrot greens mix well with fresh basil for a vegan pesto that’s delicious as a dip or a pasta topper. Nutritional yeast adds a hint of cheesiness.
For a more traditional pesto, try our Homemade Vegan Pesto recipe.
- 6 cups packed fresh carrot greens (leaves and soft stems only) (4 bunches)
- 2 cups packed fresh basil
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a high-speed blender or food processor combine the first six ingredients (through garlic) and ¾ cup water. Blend into a paste. (You may need to run the blender 1 to 2 minutes to get a smooth paste.) Season with salt and pepper.