- Ready In:
- Makes 4 bowls
We could eat this black bean salad for every meal in summer, even breakfast. This is the salad I make when I have to take a dish to an event because it is so quick to make, and everyone comes back for seconds. This black bean salad recipe is the best advertisement for delicious no-oil eating. It is easy to expand by adding more tomatoes or frozen corn.
- Two 16-ounce cans black beans drained and rinsed WELL!
- 1 very large tomato, chopped
- 1 package frozen corn
- ½ Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- ½ lime, juice and zest
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or more to taste
- Add beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and water chestnuts to a bowl (glass looks pretty) and mix. Rinsing the beans well keeps the salad from looking gray.
- Add cilantro, lime, and balsamic vinegar and mix again. Serve alone or with cucumber open-faced sandwiches for a perfect meal.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.