- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 flatbreads
- print/save recipe
A smear of mashed sweet potato gives a sweet-and-savory base for a flatbread that’s perfect to start the day or enjoy as a snack. Our simple Homemade Oil-Free Pizza Dough makes for a light, healthy crust.
- Cornmeal, for dusting
- 1 recipe Homemade Oil-Free Pizza Dough
- 1 cup cubed peeled sweet potato
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 fresh pear, quartered and cored
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts
- 4 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly sprinkle a large baking sheet with cornmeal.
- Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll portions into 7- to 8-inch circles or 10×5-inch ovals. Transfer flatbreads to prepared pan. Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned and set (flatbreads may puff). Let cool.
- In a small saucepan combine sweet potato and enough water to cover. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to saucepan. Mash with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill pan over medium-high. Cook pear quarters about 3 minutes per cut side or until tender and light grill marks appear. Thinly slice quarters lengthwise.
- Spread sweet potato on flatbreads. Top with pear slices, blueberries, and walnuts. Drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon.