- ½ cup dry farro
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen corn
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped red or orange bell pepper
- 1 small bulb fennel, trimmed and shaved
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 8 to 10 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white rice vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts (optional)
- In a medium saucepan combine farro and 1½ cups water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until farro is just tender. Drain any excess water. Transfer farro to a large bowl; let cool.
- To cooled farro, add the next seven ingredients (through basil). Add vinegar and season with salt and black pepper; toss to combine. If desired, garnish with pine nuts.
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.